Friday, February 19, 2010

A Miracle's A Miracle, even if it's ordinary.

Today was something strange. I woke up, and it was raining. I woke up and the rain was washing away the hatred of the week, of the month, of the year. I woke up, and something in me decided today would be a good day. I decided to actually live by what I think.

I decided to be an optimist. Because life is too short to think about how bad this is, and life is too short to realize how pitiful it all is. Life should be about wild dreams and good things. This song, this band, this spring. It's about time for some good changes.

Let's face it, winter breeds hatred. Shit hits the fan in the winter and that's just how it is after about December 27th. Then on it's one big shit storm until things start getting warmer, maybe a nice rain, maybe something major happening.

And then there it is. We're all better. I was writing bad poetry to submit to Ursus last night. Here's a poem:

Counterfeit Dimes

We sit here and we make our dimes

We make them out of wood and plastic caps

And we sell them to ourselves

To prove they are real

The fake coin press is working

Churning out the dimes

So maybe we can buy a sense

Of true false happiness


It just makes me wish I were poetically talented like Erin.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tom!

    And you are poetically talented.

    And yes, it does seem like something will happen today.

    I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete